Win a tiny, 3D version of you!
Great things come in small packages and one of the most striking innovations we’ve seen in recent months is very much miniature.
Meet my3Dtwin – the 3D printed replica of you! The company producing it are calling the product ‘the ultimate shelfie’ and it’s being marketed as a very novel gift idea. It’s particularly popular for memorable occasions such as weddings, and it’s also proving successful as a corporate gift or employee incentive reward. Amazingly, this technology is also portable, which opens up a wealth of practical application for the events sector.
We decided that the best way to raise awareness and get organisers thinking about it, was to give one away (but the competition is now closed – sorry!)
From full-size Foley to figurine
Of course we couldn’t resist testing it for ourselves and so we sent our MD, Trevor Foley into the miniaturisation chamber. The level of detail is astonishing and looking at the model does feel as if you’re looking at the real Trevor. I’ve even started leaving it on colleagues’ desks to freak them out.
The production process is very clever. The first step involves taking simultaneous photos using 64 high-powered digital SLR cameras in order to get a 360 degree ‘scan’ of the subject. Then the images are rendered as a 3D model using specially developed software by a team of digital artists. Finally, the latest in 3D printing technology is employed to produce a super-high-quality, full-colour model.
The company has even been producing some small counterparts for big names. Including the likes of David Hasselhoff, pictured.
Honey, I shrunk the visitors
The portable 3D capture booth can be set up to capture individuals or even groups of visitors at your event. However, the 3D sculpting process does, understandably, take some time and they would need to wait a couple of weeks to receive their my3Dtwin through the post.
As the process uses some serious tech and requires manual digital sculpting, the figures RRP at between £120 – £250 per person. This may be pushing what your average visitor might spend on an impulse item and so the product works best when communicated to your attendee-base prior to the event. You may, of course, wish to employ the technology within your own business – wouldn’t it make a unique and brilliant ‘thank you’ to speakers and sponsors at your conference?
If you’d like the 3D twin booth to feature at your event, or for more information, get in touch with Toby Havord at my3Dtwin by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Competition is Now Closed
Thanks for all your entries – a winner has been announced on the tfconnect Twitter page.
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is: tfconnect whose registered office is at Tythe Barn, Edlesborough, Buckinghamshire, LU6 2HS
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- By entering this competition, you agree that you or the person you nominate to redeem the prize are able to travel to the offices of my3Dtwin, in central London, at your own expense, in order to redeem the prize.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.twitter.com/tfconnect
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be midnight, Friday 10th February 2017 After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- tfconnect reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice and for any reason. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by tfconnect.
- The winner of the competition will receive a gift voucher for a single person, standard figurine from my3Dtwin.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen: at random by software, from all entries received and verified by tfconnect and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by DM on Twitter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- tfconnect’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.