¥598,000 – ¥684,000 (£70,000 – £80,000) Plus Benefits. Ref: 488
An opportunity for a highly experienced senior events professional, based in Shenzhen or Hong Kong, with extensive knowledge of the Chinese / Asian exhibition industry to take the commercial lead on a varied and growing portfolio of B2B exhibitions.
As Head of South and Central china , the successful candidate will be working with a dynamic and entrepreneurial UK organiser with rapidly growing influence within the Asian markets. Our client is looking for an Event Director, Portfolio Director or Head of Events with a proven track record in successful delivery of multiple events in the Chinese region.
Responsibilities will include:
– Driving growth of the portfolio, both organically and through joint-ventures, mergers or acquisition
– Developing and driving the strategy for successful delivery and growth of the events alongside the regional CEO
– Managing and developing team of exhibition professionals across several disciplines, ensuring that the team is successfully and efficiently delivering against set targets
– Responsibility for profit and loss across the portfolio
– Maintaining key stakeholder relationships such as local / global associations, trade bodies and government officials
– Keeping a comprehensive understanding of the market in order to identify new opportunities or competitive threats
Required experience – the successful candidate will need to have:
– Held commercial responsibility for medium or large-scale B2B exhibitions / trade shows in the Chinese region
– Good knowledge of the exhibition industry both in China and globally
– Proven ability to drive commercial success and manage P&L
– Experience in managing sales, marketing or operations teams in an exhibition environment
Previous experience in brokering show acquisitions, mergers or joint ventures is also preferable.
If you’re an entrepreneurial and driven senior events professional based in Shenzhen or Hong Kong – get in touch.