$150,000 AUS + 20% Bonus. Ref: 533
Fantastic opportunity for a high-performing Event Director to take ownership for the growth of an exciting trade show venture in Melbourne, Australia. You’ll need to be an experienced exhibitions professional from a commercial events background – with strong leadership skills and a track record in strategic success.
You’ll be responsible for developing and executing all key growth strategies, tactics and action plans – achieving commercial success against strategic and financial targets. You’ll oversee day to day management of the show and ensure the success of sales, marketing and operational activities.
– Ownership of show P&L, taking responsibility for show performance and providing monthly reports and forecasts against a three year business plan
– Conducting market analysis and research to ensure the ongoing growth and sustainability of the show(s)
– Producing a coherent brand strategy with high relevancy to the market in line with visitor and exhibitor expectations
– Working closely with the Marketing Director and providing line-management for the Marketing Manager – developing the campaign strategy and ensuring that all deliverables are on-time and to-budget
– Managing the sales manager – helping to develop campaign strategies to budget and drive new revenue opportunities / complete complex partnerships (i.e. sponsorship)
– Working closely with the operations team, managing and optimising floor plans and ensure that operational activities are being delivered to plan, in a cost–effective and timely manner
– Responsibility for health and safety as a whole, overseeing risk assessments
– Day-to-day management of the business and the team including sales targets, goal setting, appraisals, coaching and development etc.
– You’ll become an ambassador and spokesperson for the brand, completing radio and TV interviews as necessary
– Strong track record of success in working on large-scale exhibitions and a strong desire for success in the next stage of your career
– Experience in travelling to international events – a background in the meetings / business travel industry is highly preferred
– Strong commercial acumen
– Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships, motivate staff and lead by example
– You’ll need to be a tenacious character – assertive, confident and creative in your approach with the ability to work under pressure and perform to deadline and to budget
Why this a great opportunity:
– You’ll step into a growing and vibrant business with an excellent internal culture. The business prides itself on its values, sense of community and adventurousness
– The role is well-located in Melbourne, Australia – a great place to live and do business
– The salary on offer is $150k (approx. £80,000) plus bonus and commission, circa 20%