Another full house for the tfconnect HR Group meeting at ExCeL London’s new CentrEd meeting space
February saw the first meeting of the year for our growing community of events HR professionals. We’re now three years on from the first tfconnect HR Group meeting and the opportunity to share and learn from each other is as useful and successful as ever!
In the super surroundings of ExCeL’s new education and meetings space, CentrEd – February’s meeting covered the following and more:
- The on-going plans for AEO and tfconnect’s Talent Insight project with a focus on diversity, attracting new talent from outside the industry and tackling the disconnect between events management degrees and our industry.
- Comparing long-term incentive plans and their delivery.
- Discussion around learning and development strategy – how coaching programmes are managed and whether responsibility falls to hiring managers, HR teams or dedicated L&D.
- Generation Y, their expectations around speedy career progression and why they’ll quickly move on.
- Introduction to a psychometric testing method from Caliper, based on an Easyfairs success story.
- Employee satisfaction surveys, the value in benchmarking and successful delivery.
- Should resourcing responsibility fall to hiring teams or hiring managers? We discussed the pros, cons and pain points of both approaches.
The next meeting is already in the diary for Wednesday 18th May and we’re currently on the lookout for a host venue.
Delegate places are intentionally limited. If you’re a senior HR professional for an exhibition organiser or venue and you haven’t yet been to one of our meetings – drop an email to Victoria Fawcus-Robinson and we’ll see if we can squeeze you in!